Thursday, January 15, 2015

Kitchen Battle Starts

After 6 years of blissful marriage, I finally take hold of that elusive kitchen. Not that my mom in law and i had a fight...Just because she thought I should be given a chance..A rarity in Indian household!! Surely..Where women's major rights lie in the dominance of kitchen..Though my household also have patches of males dominance sewn here and there, we ladies have still held on to the independence flag in our own way.
Both my mom in laws (My Mom in law and my husband's paternal aunt) have been working ladies and have beautifully managed home and office front awesomely. They are both great cooks..each have their own strengths and both of them coexisted beautifully well in one kitchen.
I came into the picture after their 20-25 years of coexisting. I never wanted to cook. As in cook daily..breakfast lunch dinner.. For me that's monotonous, boring plus kills the fun. And when i got married, I didnt want to interfere in an already well functioning space. I might sound selfish, but believe it or not I did think that. I did the occasional cooking in the evening.
After many years of trying my hand in different areas, I finally gulped down my fear and asked my mom in law to let me do my thing and she relented.(FINALLY!!)
I know a lot of people have doubts in how well this is going to be, including me, so to keep myself motivated, I am keeping a tab on my cooking tryst for an year. I am going to be completely, daringly honest in what happens in my kitchen and what happens to my food and the people who eat it, what they say(including weird remarks and fights over dinner time).
So the 'Epic Kitchen War' starts tomorrow. I am gonna chronicle all my recipes and the journey each day creating them.
Your comments and suggestions will also motivate and help me through. So please dont shy away from that occasional comment or that sarcastic remark. Both will push me.

& believe me or not, I have made a small list of possible recipes I will be trying out. So FOODIES!! Watch out !!
Happy Feasting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment